From:
Dook-Woof-Dook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:59:53 -0400
Our answers are based on both how we care for our personal ferrets and
our rescue ferrets: We have 29 Personal Ferrets (including kits born her
last year who are up for sale) and 40 Rescue ferrets at this time.

How often to bathe a ferret: Almost never, usually before shows for our
show ferrets, the rescue ferrets get a bath when they come in and that
is it.

How often to wash a ferret's bedding: Every other week for hanging
hammock items, everyday for towels on the bottom of the cages or
playyards.

How often to change a ferret's water: Everyday

How often to change a ferret's food (i.e. discard the old and put in new,
not change to a different brand): Depending on the cage, most of the time
they have eating it all within 2 days.  I try to not put so much in the
dishes with fewer ferrets in the cage so that it does not have to be
discarded.

How often to clean a ferret's ears: Every other week.  Use Ivomectin for
ongoing mite protection one time/month.  (Shelter ferrets only because
of ferrets in and out all the time).

How often to clip a ferret's nails: Every Other week

How often to take an otherwise healthy ferret to the vet: One time per
year/shots and a once over.

How many hours a healthy ferret is awake in the summer: Ours average
about 5-6 hours, of course broken up during the day.

How many hours a healthy ferret is awake in the winter: Seems to be the
same for winter months.

Your favorite ferret food (i.e. the one you wish all your ferrets would
eat): ProPlan Kitten Food/Evolve Kitten Food/Ferret Store Natural and
Original Formulas and Flint River Ranch Cat/Kitten Food. (all natural
holistic blend of cat food).  Make for super nice coats.  I love this
blend.

Your favorite ferret treat: Meat Based Cat Treats/Yoggies-one per
week/per ferret, and on birthdays with the yoggies.

The worst ferret food (in your opinion): Walmart brand

The worst ferret treat (in your opinion): Raisins

Your favorite litter: Woodpellets-cheap, I would rather see people spend
more on their food then what the ferret's poop in.

Your most recommended ferret reference book: Ferret for Dummies Book or
the Internet, you have the world at your hands there.  You just have to
read alot and compare ideas and thoughts

Your most recommended ferret beginners book: Ferret For Dummies Book

Marguerite and her Fuzzy Kids
See the Wonderful ferrets up for adoption or sponsorships on our Petfinder
Web Page!
Help a Rescue Ferret, Sponsor Today.

TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store