From:
"Mrs. Duck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 1996 17:21:21 -0500
My son was bitten in school the other day.  By another kid who was 10 years
old.  I called the school and told them to pass along a message for me to
the other kids parents.  "If your kid EVER bites mine again, I'll demand
that you test for rabies.  And I cut off his head myself."

Remember folks- a human bite is much more dangerous than that of a properly
vaccinated domestic companion animal.  Let's not forget this, and make it
our New Years Resolution to tell everyone we can that there has NEVER been a
documented case of rabies transmission via bite from a ferret.  It can not
happen.  THe ferret will die before the virus is shed into the saliva, which
is where it needs to be to infect during a bite.  It is more likely that a
ferret will get rabies from a bite from it's human than a human getting
rabies from a bite from it's ferret.  Also, the Imrab3 rabies vaccination
for ferrets is significantly more effective than the approved rabies
vaccines for dogs.

-Mrs. Duck