From:
Shea Anson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:18:43 EST
Hi Everyone!  I'm a new ferret owner, and this is only my second post to
the list. :)   We bought Trixie, our little angel, at a pet store in
january.  They told us at the time that she was only 8 weeks old.  We don't
fully believe these people because none of them would answer our questions.
They had about 10 ferrets in a cage, no blankets or anything.  There was a
ball in the middle with holes in it, and all of the ferrets were laying in
the ball one on top of the other.  Now that we have our little baby, I
realize how sad it is that these ferrets were in that cage that way.

Anyhow, my question is about the tattoo markings on her right ear.  We
didn't even notice the tattoo until we got home, (Wouldn't have mattered,
cause the ignorant people who worked there probably wouldn't have known
what they meant anyway.) But there are two little green dots on her ear.
Does this mean she came from a specific breeding place?  Does this mean
she is spayed?  Can someone help me out here?

Shea & Trixie-babe
Ignorant in Colorado ~ but learning!!!