From:
"AnNa M. aDaM sPeAr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 23:41:26 -0600
To continue with the thread about our little thieves, I'd like to add my two
pesos. Applejuice is really our only true thief. K-Nack is a garbage tumper.
Max.3 is a recycle-bin swimmer. Beckett is our sweet boy who doesn't do
ANYthing wrong. Applejuice's favorites are baseball caps and shoes. She
KNOWS she can't have either one. She takes her little bell balls and hides
them like a normal ferret would... but a SHOE, whoa... that's where she has
to get stealthy... she sneaks the shoe the loooong way around the room. If
you look at her she freezes. You can see it in her eyes, "If I don't move,
Mommy can't see me... If I don't move..." If you step toward her she dashes
off (with the shoe) as quick as a wink. And if you manage to CATCH her, she
clamps down on it hard and hisses at you. You have to literally pry her
mouth open. You can hold the shoe up and she'll dangle beneath it before she
thinks of letting go! Her old favorites were three little stuffed bears.
She'd move them from place to place. I know at least ONE of those bears has
gone the way of the do-do bird... In my old apartment, Juice managed to get
INSIDE the stairwell. She pulled back the carpet and wiggled in between to
pieces of wood. She'd poke her nose out at you and dook, knowing you had NO
way to get her back out. Just before I moved her over to her Daddy's, before
Mommy and Daddy were married, she took one of the bears into the staircase
with her. Maybe someday another ferret will find the lost bear...

Well, I STILL have catching up to do on the FML so....

             till later....
                 ahn