From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 07:15:24 -0800
Laura,

This is where I got them:
  Ferret Rescue of the Western States
  (Kinsey Advertising)
  140 West 29th Street
  Suite 191
  Pueblo, CO  81008-1016
  719-527-8004
  fax 719-633-7046

Just call & ask for information on the Weezl Watchr gates.

Now for my opinion:  **I love them!**

I bought 2 of the gates.  It took about 9-10 weeks for me to receive them
after I sent the check.  I called 3 or 4 times to inquire and always got
an answering machine and never a return call.

But now that I finally have them, I really love them.  They're easy to use,
light, and store easily (they lie flat up against a wall, which in a
crowded apartment is very important).  The ferts love to watch thru, though
sometimes when they get too excited they run right into them head-first
(duh!).  I put an old towel underneath it so they don't dig at the carpet,
and the gate holds the towel in place.  Even my acrobatic monkey-ferret
can't jump over the regular-sized gate.

It would have been easy to make them myself, now that I have them in hand,
I can see that.  The Home Depot is not far down the road.  It would have
been alot cheaper.

But I justify the $$ I spent by the fact that it is going to help shelter
ferrets.  (Same way I justified paying $75 for a Furby last Christmas when
the MAFF shelter was auctioning one on e-bay to support their shelter
ferrets.) I would rather have my $100 in the hands of a loving shelter
operator than my $20 in the hands of an unknown agent that makes plenty
of $$ off other do-it-yourselfers.

I did add a little modification with duct tape to keep the edges from
scratching paint off the door frame (it only happened on the cheap paint at
my old apartment).  But other than that, I am very happy with the product
as is.

I use them every night to keep my "loner" ferret away from the 3 bullies in
the Herd, and to keep them all out of the kitchen.  It's much easier than
having to close doors and such, and they're very easy for humans to climb
over (even for my mother who's only 5'2").

My recommendation: If you can afford the extra $$, go ahead and help the
ferrets.  You not only get a great product, you also get the satisfaction
of providing for needy ferrets.  If you're handy and a little strapped for
cash, try to make them yourself.

=====
Aileen & the Herd
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
"It is a shameful thing that you should mind these folks
that are out of their wits." -Martha Carrier, condemned Salem 'witch'