From:
Chris Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:30:15 -0000
Hi Melissa, I have used well over 1500 of the Avecon self testing kits on
our clubs ferrets.  We used to cross check results with the CIEP test but
for the last year we have relied on the Quick Test Kits.  They seem very
reliable and simple to use if you follow the direction properly.  In fact
in 2002 we had loads of problems with the CIEP tests and had to retest
nearly 50 ferrets.  I do not think there is much difference between the
tests and nether test is 100% failsafe.  The most important thing to do
when using the saliva tests are making sure the ferret has not got hold
of any food at least one hour before testing.  One little piece of kibble
eaten or as I caught one idiot doing in a testing session giving
Ferretone, will mess the test up.

Chris.
Wessex Ferret Club  (http://www.wessexferretclub.co.uk)