From:
James Rademaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 2009 18:30:52 -0600
I whole heartedly agree with Becky DeGeer, however I believe a few
names were unintentionally overlooked. I nominate 'BIG' (Bill Gruber,
the moderator of this list) who without his devotion & dedication NONE
of this would be possible. This has to be a BIG responsibility (no pun
intended)! Reading & sorting through the countless emails, putting them
in order of relevance, deciding when bickering on a particular topic
needs to end, checking for legal issues, determining what's off topic,
listing new subscribers, canceling unsubscribers, keeping up with all
those who just dropped out and didn't tell anyone, etc. He also
receives emails directed to him personally that are not to be posted
but need answering or research. There are currently 2,433 people on
this list to keep up with. He does this daily for FREE, just so we
can have something to read.

I was up late the other night composing a post and finally got it off
around 1:30 am EST. I didn't expect it to appear in that days FML.
Around 2 am EST the FML hit my 'inbox'. Low & behold there was my post!
Does this man ever sleep? Does he ever get sick? Does he ever take a
vacation? I know he has a full time job on the side, lol. I've been on
the FML since the mid 90's and can only remember a couple missed FML's,
each with a very good reason. I would call this "DEDICATION"

Also, let's not forget the Bridge Greeters. They post greetings for our
fuzzies who have entered the hereafter just to help us in our time of
grieving. These aren't just a couple of lines but lengthy posts, almost
short stories. These must take at least an hour or more each to
compose, edit, spell check and post. They go into specific details for
each and every ferret to make them personal and heart felt. They do
this FOR US, FOR FREE just to ease our pain.

So, I hereby Nominate Bill Gruber and the Bridge Greeters (I don't know
their names or I'd mention them personally) to be added to the list and
Inducted into the Ferrets "ROCK STARS" Hall of Fame! These are truly
dedicated people. Anyone feeling the same should "Stand Up and be
Counted".

Mike & the crew

[Thanks for your nomination, though please note I'm not a shelter nor
do I have anything to do with the Ferret Health List -- in other words,
the FML is only a small part of the overall picture. BIG]