From:
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:26:47 -0400
Sherry said:
>Why do I always have to diagnose my fuzzies problems and tell the vet
>what to do?

First of all, I want to say I'm sorry to hear about Nipper.  Hugs from me
and my ferrets.

As for the problem with vets, I can sympathize with you.  It scares the
heck out of me!  Time after time after time, I'm right.  It gives me no
pleasure at all to be right.  Luckily, at least, the vet I've been seeing
will at least listen to me.  But it worries me that he's going to listen to
me exclusively and since I'm not trained, we'll miss something.  The only
thing that helps my anxiety is to talk to other experienced ferret folk and
learn as much as I can.

Vets who truly know a lot about ferrets are very rare.  Some think they do,
but don't!  Those are the ones that scare me the most!!  :)

--Barb--