From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 16:19:15 -0400
> 1. Ferrets in Asheville run about 130$ for a baby.  Is this reasonable?
>    Is it best to get a baby furry?

They range from $80 to $160 in pet stores around here.  WHolesale is still
close to $60.  NC doesn't have many breeders but I recommend these over pet
stores.  Another alternative is ferret shelters.  There is a group that just
started up a shelter in the past year near Raliegh I think.  I'm not real
good at NC geography though.

> 2. Would you reccommend a ferret as a pet?

I suspect everyone on a ferret mailing list would.

> 3. Finally, I live in a dorm, therefore I would have to keep my fuzzy(i f I
>    get one) incognito.  If a ferret is descented, is it feasable...

Descenting is a waste of money and will not really help much in this.  An
unaltered adult is the smelliest so I wouldn't recommend one of those.  The
musky smell is not related to the anal scent glands.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://userwww.qnet.com/~killian/zen_home.htm