Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 16:45:20 -0500
    I read what many of you are saying about ferret winter coats, but until
today, I haven't seen this.  So maybe you can answer this question.  Do they
get their winter coats in, then shed their old coats?  The reason I ask is
because I gave my guys a bath, and Bandit, who is normally dark all over,
shed a lot of hair in the bath today, and now his back is real white,
instead of dark as it was.  Is *this* what is called the winter coat?  Or is
that just from shedding, and his winter coat has yet to come in?  I don't
notice any more thickness in either of them, and Casper, my silver, doesn't
look different at all.  But Bandit, you can see right away the difference in
hair color on his back.  I did notice a lot of shedding from both of them
when I brush them though.

Thanks, Linda          [log in to unmask]
Bandit:  What happened to my hair?  Its not dark anymore?
Casper:  Hey, copycat, I'm the one with a lot of white, not you!