From:
Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 1996 23:42:10 EDT
Hi Everyone,

I have been working 20 hours a day for a couple weeks now and finally have a
couple dys to rest a little..  I really have no choice..  my back and
shoulders are oned big hurting muscle and both Doc and Bruce, with Terry
cheering them on, darn him..  have benched me!!  And when those guys decide
you are too far gone for reason they won't even negotiate..  they just start
drugging your Pepsi and hide all your tools..  male chauvanism is alive and
well around here... grrrr!

So here is a small update..

I just got in 6 [well, I went to the vets office that called me and just
'took' 6 fuzzies from two couples who live together and were responsible for
their condition] little ones..  they are probably from one year to two or
so..  but so skinny every bone sticks out..  no strength..  and so cowed
they are afraid to take the food I try to give them from my hands..  they
cringe with every bite..  to give them the food in a dish doesn't work as
they are so sure its a trick or something they don't even go over to look in
the dish..  They take the hand held bites but immediately cringe back
expecting to be hit or something equally vile..  they were brought in
because they managed to get out of their cage to go in a desperate search
for food and water and got into the garaged and tipped over a bunch of open
containers of motor oil and anti freeze all over themselves..  then ate the
oil and antifreeze..  The vet called me to help him with them as he couldn't
treat one while the others kept ingesting more poisons..  Its just a few
minutes away and he just turned the whole problem over to me when I
arrived..  much to my amazement..  I did what I figured out to do on the
spur of the moment with him and his aide acting as my helpers..  He was
tickled at my solutions [including the appropriation of his, the aides, and
three men in the waiting rooms socks to be used as ferret body-socks to
prevent any more access to the chemicals on the fur..  while I got the
fastest ferret bath in the west going..  Right after a healthy dose of
Ipecac for each!!  Have you ever scrubbed a struggling frantic vomiting
poisoned ferret that is meeting you for the first time and is scared
silly???  Ferret War..  Ferret Mommy won 0-6..  6 ferrets scrubbed , every
single hair right to the skin, rinsed thoroughly, towel dried and into the
kennel dryer..  in 23 minutes flat..  If this weren't an illegal area I'd
enter it in the Guiness Book, I really think it might be a record!!  Don't
you??? :]  However, they each need many small cuts and deep scratches
treated daily and al have bruises all over them..  plus bad teeth and gums
and mouth ulcers and digestive tract upsets and on and on and on... So the
halfs of the rolls of gauze and cotton I kept here are going to be mana from
Heaven I can tell you..  I measured their nails ..  the ones not shattered
horribly short..  and one males were 1 3/4 inches long..  he was walking on
his 'hocks' and in a lot of pain..  they have been hit, and hurt extensively
over a long period..  and have never had even close to enough to eat..  I
was so mad I really hoped just one of those wretches would talk back to me
when I told them the fuzzys weren't theirs anymore... PERIOD!  But they were
too busy drunkenly mumbling excuses... I had to apologise to the Doctor
later because I grabbed the first two and shoved them out the waiting room
door and then pushed the other two out right after them and yelled at them
they were lucky I didn't do to them what they had done to those poor little
fur kids..

Then had to endure a standing ovation from the staff and customers of all
three areas in the waiting rooms..  Boy was I embarrassed!!!  And the Vets
just laughed at me, darn them!!  Then after I had gone thru their stuff and
used what I needed and acted like I owned the place, making a mess with the
scrubbing and stealing everyones socks [I can hear every ferret reading over
Mommy or Daddys shoulder dooking like mad] and using so much medicine and
everything... I didn't realise just how much I had used to treat all 6 of
them until I finally could take a minute to catch my breathe and found
myself staring at a sea of packaging, discarded syringes, meds vials, and
drapes/gloves/gowns etc.  , the sweet stubborn guys wouldn't take a cent for
anything..  wouldn't even give me an accounting so I could pay it a little
at a time..  Zip - Zero - Nada!!  They had even had the girls pack up
everything for the next couple of days follow up care..  I asked the office
manager why they wouldn't let me see the amount I owed them and she said I
didn't owe them anything... that they hadn't had that much fun in years!!!
and that everyone in the waiting rooms had asked to know what the bill was
so they could pay a chunk of it for the fuzzys..  and the Docs declined the
donations... She said that bunch of observers would spread the word aster
than a soap opera on prime time and the Vets would be repaid a hundred times
for the outlay just in the increase of their practices after the word got
out..  So you go Figure...

anyhow.. thats the latest from here...

TTYL  dayna and the Woozles

ps  You really can make Duck Soup by the bathtub full.. :]

 "Resident of... Marvelous Menagerie Of Mirthful Mayhem"
 dayna frazier  102046,3162  18-Aug-1996  20:44:49 PST