From:
Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 22:06:46 -0500
>From:    "Todd P. Cromwell III" <[log in to unmask]>
>I didn't see the beginning of the segment, but what I saw had a lot of
>audience laughter and the part I saw lasted perhaps 2 minutes.  All the
>while, the narrative tone was very positive, and every so often little
>bubbles appeared with text like "Ferrets sleep 18-20 hours per day" and
>"Ferrets were domesticated before cats."

I heard about this show on my way home from work so I was watching with my
eyes & ears set on Fuzzie Alert!  It started out with the two hosts talking
and the woman asked the guy (I guess the "expert") what animals were easy
to train (or something along thsoe lines) and the word "ferrets" popped
out of his mouth!

With intentness my hubby and I were glued to the screen as Bridget the
ferret did tricks such as sit up, stay, go thru hoops (set on the floor),
go on a teeter-tauter type thing, wave thru "cones" (pegs really), spin in
a circle, and stand with front feet on a stand (like an elephant!).
Bridget was taught all of this by her owner Stephanie (a professional dog
trainer - hey are you on this list?).  She explained that she trained
Bridget like a dog - food and CLICKER TRAINING!  She told of how she got
Bridget - she saw her in a pet store - she said she had always dealt with
dogs & mentioned something about "furry rodents" - note this was the ONLY
negitive thing said!

The segment ran about 3 or 4 minutes and was the best ferret coverage I
have seen to this date!  Stephanie did such a wonderful job promoting her
fuzzie and so did the show!  Everything was so very ferret positive!

Funny . . . I just got myself a clicker to try out on the ferrets last
week.
Hmmm . . .

Amy Flemming
Flemming Farms
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/9521

Snickers - "You already have us rolling over, now this?"
Bandit - "Mom - get away from me with that thing!"
The fifty other furries - collective "Groan!"