From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 01:33:16 +0100
Had a second response from the RSPCA about the Boe killing.  I have to say
I feel that they are still sidestepping the issues.  I think it was fairly
clear in my second letter to them that I was looking to hear that they had
taken decisive action to prevent anything like this happening to another
healthy uninjured creature (whatever species).

In about 2 weeks the RSPCA killed 2 healthy creatures, and unless this
brings about a fundimental change in thier policies, those deaths will
count for nothing.  They will not come out and say they have instructed
thier inspectors not to terminate healthy strays given into thier custody,
which is what I feel needs to be done.

What I would like now is that list members, ESPECIALLY those in the UK
take the time to follow the link to my site where I have posted all the
correspondance so far, and then take another couple of minutes to use the
mail link there to tell me if they think I should keep on at this society
to give the instruction mentioned above.  It would be great if they could
mail the RSPCA with a similar point, right now I feel like a lone voice in
the wilderness, am I the only one who cares?  I just give thanks that my
new baby, Bubbles found his way to a caring welfare shelter (and then to
me) rather than being given into the uncertainty that befell Boe.  Bubbles
is a lucky ferret, he got a second chance at life, I dont want Boes
sacrifice to be in vain.

My thoughts and prayers to sick and angeled fuzzys everywhere.....

Cris Page ... and Bubbles..... (why keep the raisins all the way up there ?
they would look good by my bed !!)