Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 13:48:09 +0100
Hello,

My male had a period of drinking his urine this winter and I asked my ferret
"guru" about it.  He said that male ferrets can get some hormonal changes
(especially around spring time) which causes them to do this.  Apparently
some hormones gets washed out of the body in the urine and this is the
ferrets' way of getting those hormones back, so to speak.  Doing this is not
harmful for the ferret in any way though us humans might wanna stop them
from doing it, since it's not especially "nice" =).  I don't know if it's
the same for jills though...

Maria