From:
Monica Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 17:30:35 PST
This is in response to the anonymous post regarding the above:
>I took my three ferrets to the vet yesterday and the vet thinks that they
>have some sort of intestinal blockage and wants to cut em open and find
>the blockage.

Just what has happened to your little ones that makes the vet think there
is a blockage?  Are they not pooping?  Is there some other sign that makes
the doc think this?  I would be very hesitant to allow "my" vet to cut open
one of my little ones unless there were some kind of concrete "sign" that
something was wrong.  Ferrets are very resiliant creatures and usually
bounce back very well, but unnecessary surgery is not advised and costly.
Just my two cents worth, others correct me if I'm wrong.  Take care and
good luck with your little ones.

Monica and the Weasel Ward James,Clyde,Squeeker,Slinky,Tango,Cash,Taffy,
Keegan,Jewel,Amanda,Samson,Bear,Felix,Karizma,Oscar.
ICQ # 29613521 - Slinky
Bonnie,Bartles,Yuki - gone but not forgotten.
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/ferretsrule1/