From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:48:17 +0000
Obamacare May Bite You At The Vet's Office
Why the increase? It's part of a new 2.3-percent federal excise tax on
certain medical devices that just went into effect. The tax will help
fund the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, commonly known as
Obamacare, intended for people, not pets. Manufacturers pay the tax,
but a recent survey found more than half plan to pass it along...

Some vets say they can't afford it. Dr. Mike Hatcher is one of them.
He explained, "I'm extremely concerned how this is going to be a
hidden tax to our consumers that is going to be passed on."

How does this work? Medical devices used only on animals are exempt.
However, items including IV pumps, sterile scalpels and anesthesia
equipment, which are medical devices that have a dual use, meaning
they can be used on people and animals, will be taxed. Hatcher said,
"Putting off an equipment purchase is something that can terribly
affect our clients' ability to have quality care."

Full Story at:
<http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/03/11/obamacare-may-bite-you-at-the-vets-office/>