Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:33:27 -0800
Just One More

Bizzy, Reno Shelter, blind

Bailey Animal Control, injured

Flower, AC, completely naked, adrenal

Garrison, Humane Soc, sad, scared, confused.

Gizzy, left in abandoned house, 20* weather

Jackson, Calif. Confiscate, injured

Korbel, left in hotel room in Calif.

Levi, AC, naked, adrenal

Molly, Oregon Shelter, adopted during Portland symposium

Noel, AC, passed, EKE

Just Two More Gracie and Templeton, allergy surrender

Riley and Sherman, adopted from us, showed up on craigslist 8 months
later.

Sammy and Wiley (passed) HS
Riley and Sammy are adrenal now.

These are only the ones still with me. There were others that have been
re-homed.

Wednesday I picked two at AC and delivered to a shelter that is *full*.
One had a broken leg, and came with a life companion.

I left behind Just Three More that will more than likely not be
claimed, nor adopted from there. We wait to see.

Then there is craigslist, the Just One/Two/Three More no time, moving,
allergy ferret (s) appearing weekly, sometimes daily.

I am not a shelter, just someone that loves ferrets, and tries to help
Just One More.

More that I now must say no to, or neglect the ones I have. Many of
these came in ill, many $$ were spent getting them well, or helping
them die with dignity and love.

There are 4 of us here taking Just One More. I've lost count, but I'm
thinking 51 ferrets collectively, not counting those re-homed.

These are not all young, healthy. Many have ongoing medical needs,
some are living their final days being loved, carried, hand fed.

The two shelters near me are full. I know the shelter moms, they take
Just One/Two/Three More on a regular basis. I've lost count of the
ones I've delivered to them. Adoptions are down here too.

Last week PetCo had ferrets on *sale*. Lots of cute, healthy baby
ferrets. The 17 year old *couple* could get the ferret they *always
wanted*, a too small cage, food, litter and a water bottle for less
then $200. No money left fro Ferrets For Dummies. I suggested the
library.

Just One More

Ardith
Reno, NV