From:
Andy McDonel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:51:06 -0400
Thank you all for the help with Rogue's condition. Here is what
happened thru out the week

We took her to the vet monday 3-23 because a noticed the weight loss
and grinding teeth. He issues the foolwing -

Clavamox .25cc twice daily

Carfate ( i thought it was amoxicillian sorry everyone) .5cc twice
daily

A capsule of omniprazle (pepcid ac?) two grains once daily.

1000ml of fluids, 60cc's twice daily.

Wed. she was hydrated enough NOT to have fluids, and was active, but
developed heavy breathing and a "chirp" like sound. Thursday morning
she was walking around, although not still her 100% self. We gave
30cc's of fluids that morning. Sometime Thursday she started breathing
heavier and making a louder sound.

Took her in Friday to a vet cause our normal one was out of town. He
felt a lump in her GI tract, and notice she was in a lot of pain. We
wen't over what we could do surgery wise, and his opinion the outcome
was at best guarded, due to the pain she was in.

After what seemed like forever, I finally signed the documents to put
her at ease. It was hard, seeing her in so much pain, when just a week
ago she was bouncing around and playing. This is the fourth fuzzy we
have lost, and it never gets easier. I sat with her in the vets office
before the tech took her away for about 30 mins. I just kept telling
her I was sorry and she didn't do anything wrong. I told her she could
now go play with Panda, Beavis, Milkshake and Annie, all who missed her
and the others at home.

No matter what my choice was that day, I will always second guess
myself. Should i have waited for my normal vet to come back on Monday
and rushed her down to him? Would she have even made it to Monday?
Should I have elected for the surgery, even though the Dr. said it was
50/50 at BEST. We don't even know now if it was ECE, but could of been
some type of GI infection or injury (he thinks there could of been a
ulcer or her GI tract could of been compromised/twisted, thats why she
was not having stool and there was a mass.

I'll never know if I made the "right" decision. All I know is I put my
baby down cause she was in so much pain. I ended her suffering, and now
we are the ones suffering because of her loss.