From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 19:58:26 -0500
Well, I thought I'd stay out of this, but I haven't seen this particular
viewpoint expressed, so here goes!

My husband and I run a ferret shelter.  This weekend, we got three female
ferrets in of unknown origin, age, behavior, medical history, etc.  They are
very sweet and well-behaved, but of course our biggest worry was whether we
needed to get them fixed right away.  So I looked at the ears and they were
all tattooed.  So these three ladies are MF ferrets and we don't have to
worry about getting them fixed.

There are a lot of things about Marshall Farms I don't approve of, but
knowing that ferrets which come from them have been fixed and descented can
be a real blessing to the overworked and probably broke shelter owner.  We
are in OK financial shape but fixing three ferrets would have taken care of
that very quickly!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Sara Petersen