From:
JENNIFER SALLAND <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 20:54:20 -0500
Hello out there in Ferret-land!

I happened to be channel-surfing last night, and came across a "recorded
earlier" Larry King Show {I don't know if it was on earlier that day, or if
it was months old}.  I'm curious as to whether or not anyone else saw it.
The topic of discussion was animals, and the guests were Jack Hanna, Bo
Derek, Joan Rivers, Bob Barker, and Larry King's daughter.  One of the first
animals they discussed were ferrets, as Larry said that his daughter "used
to have a group of ferrets", and asked Jack Hanna if he recommended ferrets
as pets....

This is the part that has steam coming out of my ears... Jack Hanna never
gave a yes or no answer - what he did was bring up a story about an
8-week-old baby who was supposedly killed by a ferret in Cleveland, and
barely mentioned in passing that the people who owned the ferret were
destitute.  That was it, his whole answer.  How I wished I could just reach
through the TV screen, bop him in the head, and say "DUH!!!"

(1) *ANY* animal that is not treated right, loved, fed properly, etc., will
become a problem!!  I'm damn sure that a cat or dog that has spent its whole
life being abused could kill a baby {or an adult for that matter, even!} a
hell of a lot easier than a ferret could!  So, Mr. Hanna, does that mean
that dogs and cats shouldn't kept as pets?!?!

(2) Then, after he's done with his typical "bloodthirsty ferret" schpiel,
this jerk proceeds to bring out animals like jaguars and lions, and sticks
his fingers in their mouths!  ARGH!!!  -- What is wrong with this
picture?!?!  Ya know, I used to have some respect for the guy, but it all
went down the toilet last night.

@!#$)(*&^... Ahhhh, that's much better!  <g>..  Now that I've gotten all
that out of my system, I'm just curious as to whether or not anyone else saw
the show, and got as enraged as I did about it.

Thank you for letting me vent,
Jennifer and her fuzzbutt Dare