From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:01:42 EDT
I just off the phone with CJ at 24 Carat Rescue and Shelter in Las Vegas.
What a time she is having, It seems just when things start to calm down
for her, something else happens.  I had called her regarding a rescue she
is doing for us in CA.  We were talking about all the rescues we had been
doing, and I found she has taken in 40 ferrets in the last 3 weeks.
People are driving them in from CA.  ( I think that's from the Ferrets
Magazine publicity).

As we were talking she told me that Jewel the little naked ferret that
some of us visited with at the symposium had passed over the bridge.  But
then she told me about Slim Shady.  Slim Shady is one of the ferrets that
Mary Lou Zarbock from Ferrets Magazine and her friend sponsored.  Slim
passes very quickly over the bridge last weekend.  CJ is devested , she
was in tears in the phone.  As all you shelter moms know some of these
animals that pass through tug your heart more than others.  My heart and
prayers go out to CJ.  I thank her for all she does for us in CA.  I just
don't know what we would do without her.  I know CJ is having a hard time
right now.  If anyone can find it in their heart to send her a few
dollars, the money will go for good use.

CJ Jones -24 Carat Shelter- 5383 Via De s Dr. - Las Vegas, CA 98102.

Thanks CJ,  your truly a ferret angel.

Hugs,
Robin