Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 23:14:32 EDT
In this life I have no control over the actions of others: only my own.
But I do feel badly when people have their feelings really hurt badly.  I
read what Dorcus wrote when I read FML today, and felt an awful lot of
pain.

Some time ago, someone wrote those rude words to me, Dorcus.  I stayed off
FML for some time.  I like to goof around and say "duuuhh" or "you go girl"
or "and your point is?"  But it is always obviously jesting when done.

Get over it!, get a life!, and grow up!  are rude things to say to someone
if not playing around.  When I read them on this list, I feel a sharp pain:
an actual physical reaction.  And I no longer care at all what the writer
has to say.  I may even look to see who it is so I will not read anything
else that they write so I can avoid feeling that pain in the future.

I do not work in corporate America or have a pulse on the nation.  Maybe
such insulting phrases have become everyday words used in all seriousness.
I can only say that they evoke negative emotions in me that totally close
off my desire to understand what the writers' point is.

Words can really hurt.  I just want to offer my apologies to Dorcas for the
pain she suffered.  We pretty much threw her to the wolves for expressing
and acting upon her feelings and beliefs.  My ferrets are sorry too Dorcas.
They all wanted to play with me right now and are running all over my feet.
I just thought that this was too important for me to let go.  I appreciated
very much what you had to say and how you felt.

I could not care less who wrote the mean words.  It could have been me
making a rude statement in a moment of mental blindness.  None of us are
perfect.  I am not writing this to point fingers or lay any blame.  I just
feel badly for our fellow person of FML.

Just the feelings of an imperfect human being that loves ferrets as much
as you do,

Lisette