Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 14:20:41 EST
I think the term  Ferret Math  is cute.
But I think  collecting  too many pets is financially irresponsible.
I m glad I started a savings account just for ferret related expenses.

I think pet stores sell kits that are way too young.
But I know pet store kits deserve a good home too.
Do you see where this is going?

She s the tiniest, boniest thing I ve ever seen.
She literally fits in the palm of my hand.
I think she s called a chocolate.

She bloodied my hand when I picked her up.
She bites way too hard for her age and size.
Hungry?  Scared?  Or both?

The clerk said a few more  thwacks  should  cure  the biting.
I left my finger in her mouth and said  Don t bite the Mama .
She let go and fell asleep in my hands.

I swore I d never  buy  another ferret.
I swore I d never start over again with a kit.
I didn't even bring my purse in.

Call it pity, call me crazy.
I need to think of a name.
I guess there IS always room for one more...

PamV and an even dozen