From:
Gary Hadden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 11:14:02 -0500
I'm trying to do some catch up reading of the FML and would like to ask a
question about a post regarding the Humane Society policy, especialy the
statement " As the number of ferrets bred and kept as pets grows, so does
their abandonment in shelters and elsewhere.  Therefore, we do not support
the breeding or acquisition of ferrets as companion animals."

Does this also imply that they do not support the breeding of dogs, cats,
guinea pigs, rabbits, etc?  After all, the number of abandoned ferrets is no
where near the number of other abandoned pets.

On another note, can someone recommend a good source for cage building
techniques and materials?