From:
Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 06:43:16 -0500
My third ferret, Lany, came from Petersen Farms.  I hear the name
every now and then, but not often.  They apparently are a pretty small
operation.  I probably still have her papers somewhere.  I once tried
to find Petersen Farms on the Internet but had no luck.  It seems they
may be in the Midwest somewhere.

Lany was a panda who turned into a DEW in her later years.  Lany was deaf
but had no medical issues until later in life.  She was diagnosed with
insulinoma when she was 7 y.o.  She had surgery and was supported with
pred.  I think we also removed a couple of mast cell tumors.  She was NOT
a biter at all unless frightened.  I bought (my last pet store purchase)
Lany in 1995, as a baby, and she died in 2003, at 8 1/2 y.o.

Katharine
http://community.webshots.com/user/katharine524