From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 18:39:07 -0600
Damn those FLO members.  That's all _I_ have to say.  Well, okay so it's not
ALL I have to say.  I have to say WHY I am damning them.  Turns out my old
roommate, Beth, had a run-in with the law b/c of her hoodlums Rogue and
Gambit.  Early Thursday morning she had decided to call in sick.  She wasn't
sick but that's a whole different story.  While lounging about in her PJs,
Beth hears a knock at her apartment door.  Not exactly a knock...  more like
POUNDING.  She looks through the peephole and sees a man in uniform.  I
won't go into why my old roommate would open a door to a man in uniform, but
she did.  "Austin Police Department.  You called 911, ma'am." Beth looks out
and notices another police officer sort of hiding around the stairs.  "I
didn't call 911," she says.  APD tells her that yes, she did.  "No sir, I
didn't," she tells him again.  "Is this <insert address>?" "Yes sir, but I
didn't call 911" "We had a call and hang-up," he tells her.  "Well, I have
ferrets..." As if on cue, out from around the corner come Rogue and Gambit
bounding out and doing war dances around everyone's feet.  Beth is forced to
chase Rogue around in her PJs (Beth's, not Rogue's) explaining that perhaps
the ferrets...  APD is NOT happy.  Beth goes back inside and sees that her
roommate's phone is off the hook.  How convenient that there's an emergency
button.  All you have to do is hit one button...and you call 911...  WHY the
ferrets called 911, I'm not sure.  But they did.  Next thing you know
they'll be a little ferret S.W.A.T.  team after their butts.  Now Beth feels
it necessary to write a letter of apology to the Austin Police Department.
Gee, I wonder why?

Anna and her EX foster ferrets,
Rogue  "Omigosh, we're out of Ferretone! Call 911!!"
Gambit "Noooooo! Mom's gonna clip our nails! Call 911!"