From:
Crystal Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:35:56 -0700
Hello,

This is my first post to the FML and unfortunately, it's with a health
concern.  I found a wart-like bump on my six-year-old male, ziggy.  The
top of the bump is scabbed over.  It seems rather large to me and I don't
know how I didn't find it sooner.  I read that it could be a skin tumor.
Can anyone tell me if this is probably so, and whether this is normal in
an older ferret?  Are skin tumors usually benign?  If it doesn't look
like it's going away in a couple days, I'm going to take him to the vet.

Thank you,
Crystal
A worried ferret Mom