From:
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 11:00:02 EDT
This will be a short post, I'm getting ready the fuzzies ready for a Petco
adoptathon.

first Drag is doing great, I visited with him yesterday and he's feeling
himself again.  I know he wants to come home but Dr. K wants to keep him
for the week end and then see how he's doing on Monday.

Sad News, I wrote a bit on Tim Tim, a sad little feret that was about 4
months old and weighed less that 1/2 a pound.  He pased away Friday night.
Even though he had IV fluids and was being hand fed soft food, he just
couldn't make it.  He never rehydrated.  His poops smelled awful.  so Dr. K
on her day off will perform a necropsy to see if we can find something that
may have been a miss.

We were going to do more tests on him next week but he just couldn't make
it.  the really confusing part is he was sold from a petstore as an 8
week old kit.  the owners only had him 2 days when my friend Sam discovered
him.  he did receive a distemper vax the day before.  But I feel that the
petstore sold a very ill ferret.  no ferret gets in that condition in 2
days.  Also I would like to thank the vet who saw the ferret, saw what
shape he was in and just gave him a vax and sent him home.  i'll keep the
vets name out of this for arguments sake.  believe me that vet should not
even be in practice.  i've seen some of her other ferret patients that she
said were healhty, as a matter of fact they are here.  Got treated by a
real ferret vet and are doing well, minus 1 kidney on one of them.

just a warning, check out a vet before using them for your ferrets, just
because a vet says they see ferrets, doesn't mean that they know what they
are doing.

So, please Sandy, look for this little guy, he will be skinny, and very
scared.  He really loved being heald by humans and if there are any up in
ferret heaven, please tell them to give him lots of love.  He got cheated
out of that in life.

Tiny Tim, I'm sorry I couln't reach you sooner, maybe you could have ben
saved.

Tiny Tim will be creamated and placed along with our other shelter
ferrets that have pased on to the Rainbow Bridge.

Take care good people,
CJ 24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter