From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 19:56:37 -0400
Last night Meltdown was whimpering and wheezing at bedtime so it was off to
see Hanan.  Since I'd had a week's bout of bacterial bronchitis we were
worried that she had that, or that she was developing ascites.  Fortunately,
it was not the bronchitis but she has possibly picked up a bit of viral cold
in the nose -- which turns out to be where the wheezing is coming from
(getting Amoxi just to be safe since she does have cardiomyopathy and can't
risk a secondary infection).  Unfortunately, there is starting to be tiny
bit of pulmonary edema -- not enough hear or to warrant the added risks of
Lasix but enough to see on the x-ray, so any advancement will require it.
Her heart's enlarged a bit more, but luckily not a lot.  At next pot
changing she's be going to the ones with ramps because she is having trouble
getting in and out of them now, though she is still very strong for a ferret
turning 8 in about a week.

Dodie said that a picture of Ruffle is in the next Modern Ferret.  We are
still waiting for our copy; hope our new carrier didn't misdeliver it.
(Plan to buy a second one, maybe a third, at Borders later, too, for nieces
in two states.)

I have misplaced Georgia Wood's e-mail address, but want her to know that I
am following through with her request.  I just wasn't in any shape to think
clearly last week.

The Crandall Household (Sukie, Steve, Meltie, 'Choppie, Spot, the Fly, Warpie)