Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 2009 06:51:31 -0400
After posting on the FML yesterday I did get a few responses from
people interested in taking one or two of the kids and also from a
rescue who has a foster mom willing to take in all 6 but it would take
some traveling! I want to thank everyone who has responded. You guys
rock!! Upon trying to get details figured out I received and email
from a lady Linda that lives only 1/2 hour away from my friend that has
the ferrets. She is a retired nurse and wrote "she has been owned by
ferrets" for 14 years. ( That quote had me sold!!) She has been through
all the ferret illnesses and is very knowledgeable with them. She
currently has only 1 little girl since she had been taking care of her
elderly parents for while and was unable to handle anymore at the time.
Unfortunately her parents have since passed. She is now ready to fill
her home with love again in the form of these 6 beautiful kids. She is
heaven sent. A true angel!!

I cried upon reading her email. My friend and I both cried together
on the phone thinking that this whole mess is actually going to work
out. She has a FN cage and I would like to get her some shelf/ramp
covers for it. I would also really like to get her a set or some new
bedding/blankets for these oldsters too. Just a jester to say "Thank
you!"

So I think our prayers have hopefully been answered and things are
going to work out :) I will update everyone after this takes place.
Also thank you to the emails I got to help here with the over crowding
and ideas to lessen some of the work. Unfortunately with the economy
things are tough and there have been a lot of surrenders. This crisis
will end (I keep telling myself) and things will get back to normal.
Well, semi-normal here at the rescue....... Until then these babies
need our help.

If anyone has any extra ferret playpens we are in need of them here. I
personally hate cages except for the FN cages which I have 2 of but
many more ferrets needing the room. I have found that using playpens
here works great and is much easier to clean. My friend Jenny who also
does hospice, abused and sick ferrets can also use them as the older
ones have an easier time with them. If anyone call spare one please
let me know!

Kim