From:
Michael Capps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:20:53 -0700
We have 11 ferrets, they range from 1 to 5 years of age. The newest
addition is a female which just turned 1. We've had her for several
months now.

She shares a two level ferret nation cage with two other ferrets. The
only problem is she doesn't seem to use the litter pan. She'll go
beside it or any other corner of the cage. We've tried to pile up
bedding to encourage her to use the litter pan but she goes on top
of it anyway. We've also moved the litter pan to the corner she uses
most without success. We use wood stove pellet liter in the box.

When she's out during play time she does use the liter box but even
then its not 100% (that's also true of some of our other ferrets).
During play time if we see any of them taking 'the stance' we jump up
and move them to the litter pan but with 11 ferrets and a large play
area (One room, hall, and half another room), we don't see everything.

We would welcome any suggestions on improving litter box use with her.

Thank you

Mike