Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2014 10:48:05 -0500
OK, from all the responses to the question, I think everyone can see
it can be lots of causes and different ways to treat it. THAT is why
a vet visit is so important to rule out some of the causes and get
down to the itty gritty to help this little ferret or any other with
this problem. As I previously said even a vet can't guess without
seeing the patient as to what is wrong. If you know the cause there are
several things you can do (by the way with IBS, we found Totally Ferret
Venison really helps on that chicken allergy thing) Diarrhea is a
killer in ferrets if let go over a long continuous time, it is robbing
the ferret of the things it needs and causing the organs to function at
half mask, not enough hydration to work well. I would urge you to find
the basis of the problem and then see how everyone treats that cause if
you feel your vet is not knowledgeable enough to make a difference on
treatment.

Millie Sanders at Txferretrescue.org
with Texas Ferret Lovers Rescue and
connecting Foster homes and sanctuaries