Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 12:46:00 -0500
Alex, good post and I agree 100%. But, consider that Mike has a life
time history of "changing" (no, for real) many times over, but then
"falls from grace" repeatedly. So I'm not holding my breath. Sorry.
I'll support and commend his actiones certainly, but he has a long,
long way to go to regain some peoples trust.

My point, is there is a massive difference in supporting someone and
praising them, and jumping on the band wagon to celebrate, honor or
reward them. Mike Vick is "sorry and changed". I'm sure anyone would
be to gain millions and millions of dollars to say so whether he is or
not. And what's the message in this society? It's okay to commit evil,
because all will be forgiven anyway. And any future endevors will be
rewarded (and ten times so because a comeback story is just all so
dramatic and interesting to us) just as if NOTHING happened? Hmm. This
means olke Mickey V boy can go back to killing dogs, many times over,
because nothing will change. He'll still get forgiven AND spoiled with
attention because its a "come back".

I want the message out there that if you blow it, we as a society
should/will help guide you back and support you when you make it no
matter how many times it takes. BUT, if you blow it, I'm sorry, we're
not going to go out of our way to hold you up above all others on the
planet by giving you money and attention. Not unless it's a second (not
fourth or tenth) chance and you have risen heroically to giving back
more times over than you've done damage to others.

Furthermore, let's for a minute think about Mikes well being. Fame
destroyed an ill equiped (mentally off or slow young boy), and then
led him to do much harm. So why should we keep that pattern going.
Its not working. He does better, he gets exploited. And he fails.

A whole other subject, is pigeon racing ...once again, giving Mike the
benefit of the doubt .. no matter how much he loves or babies his
pigeons, 60% of them dont make it back?

Wolfy
ps, last point ..I promise. I think Animal Planet should reserve its
attentions and rewards to those who are remarkable people who've gone
above what you or I done in the way of not making huge mistakes in the
past. That's why they get on tv and not me. (Unless they feature things
for educational purposes to stop wrong doings, such as the Fatal
Attractions series)