From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 2009 17:39:16 -0800
Daphne was a ferret that I had come into contact with through my ferret
club. The owner said she had ulcers, and I recommended antibiotics and
carafate, and a vet check. Months later, no vet check, even though I
said I could take her.

Eventually Daphne and her brothers and sister were surrendered to the
club. Daphne seemed to be doing better, so we didn't rush her in, she
was eating fine. Her brother, Rebel, was adrenal, so we make an
appointment and realized Daphne had started up again with her ulcers.
So we brought her, too.

Seemed she also was adrenal but her tumor was so large at that point,
it was risky to try. We decided to, but she died the day before her
surgery was scheduled.

I felt so bad, I never asked for a greeting. Daphne died in the hammock
with her family at night, so it was peaceful, but I still felt awful. I
was wondering how she is doing. I'm sure she's found all of my
personals and rescues over the years up there. Her brothers Jasper and
Rebel and her sister Daisy really miss her, the first ferrets I've ever
seen actively miss and look for a fuzzy, even though she passed with
them in the cage.

Laryssa