From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2006 06:34:55 -0400
Forwarded with permission. Although the anniversary date has passed,
it's not too late to raise a glass in remembrance, and it's not too
late to help.

----

Black-footed ferret conservationists and enthusiasts-

Tuesday, September 26th is the 25th anniversary of black-footed ferret
re-discovery at Meeteetse and an event that we should celebrate and
remember.  Several organizations have worked together to present a BFF
fundraiser in Denver, CO on November 1, 2006.  We're really excited
about this event and our guest speaker, renowned wildlife photographer,
Tom Mangelsen.  Everyone is welcome to attend and please feel free to
pass this information on to others who may be interested.  Details are
available online at http://www.prairiewildlife.org.

Even if you cannot attend you can still participate by sending a donation
or sending an item for the silent auction.  It would be fantastic to
have silent auction items from each recovery site, agency, tribe and
organization as well as other items that you can provide.  Silent auction
donors will receive acknowledgement on the evening program as well as a
"logo poster" of donors.  Please contact me if you're interested in
sending an auction item.

Thanks for your time and I hope to see you there.  One last thing...when
you get home from work tonight I ask that you crack a beer, pour a glass
of wine or sip a cup of tea, and toast the re-discovery of black-footed
ferrets.  Remember Shep, the dog who found the first ferret, and ALL of
the biologists, veterinarians, zoo personnel, landowners and volunteers
that participated in the Meeteetse effort.

Cheers,

Travis M. Livieri
Executive Director
Prairie Wildlife Research