From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - GA Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 23:50:25 -0500
>From:    Joseph Lubert <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ECE & Introductions
>When I got my second I was unaware of the fact that she may contact this
>ugly disease but what I want to konw is if anyone has or is in the same
>position I'm in and what exactly to do if anything at all?

If you haven't seen any symptoms yet, you're probably in the clear.  My
experience has been that It only takes 48 hours for full blown ECE.  But new
fuzzies who are under 1 yr barely show any symptoms - only 1 or 2 slimy
poops & that's all.  They're fine.  So the new baby might have already had
it & you missed it.

Even after 1 1/2 yrs, my fuzzies were still contageous & the new guys that
came in (& quarantined for 3 weeks) got sick.  Those that were older had to
be nursed for about a month.

>Also what is the proper procedure for introducing one to another after
>Rascal has been here for so long by himself?  They seem to be doing really
>well with each other although they have been together for only 3 days.

If they've been getting along for 3 days,  what's the question?  If you
haven't had a problem already, you're probably not going to have one at all.

>From:    Mandy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret poop .... brain tumors???
>I recently saw on a news program that if your cat poops in the house, and
>sits there awhile, and you breath it, then it can somehow cause a brain
>tumor in humans.

I guess we're all gonners!  Will one of the authorities please comment on
this.

Juliana
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu, Chaos & Tuxedo