From:
chelle schlake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:02:35 +0000
I just wanted to let everyone know that our 4.5 year old baby boy Tubbles
passed away this morning at 3:15 am.  At 11:30 I did my runs to check all
the animals and I am so glad I did.  Tubbles looked like he was in pain
and not moving and having a hard time breathing.  I immediately rushed
him upstairs to my husband.  There are no emergency vets in our area, so
we didnt rush him to the vet.  nearest vet is 45 miles away and Tubbles
had been suffering from right adrenyl disease and prostate disease and a
urethra that kept growing shut.  after some pricey vet bills and surgerys
we found there was nothing we could do but try to give him the best till
the end.  We had no clue it would be tonight.

Just yesterday he had play time out and was playing as he usually did, he
never played rough but he romped with his toys and chased cleo and cyris
around and then in 30 minutes would get tired and then go back into his
cage and go to sleep.  I said just a week ago that I knew we would lose
him someday but probably not for a while because i felt he was hanging in
there very well.  I never imagine it would be the very next week.

I know he was one happy ferret up to the very end and i feel honored to
have been the only sight in his vision when he passed with my voice in
his ears and my arms wrapped around him in his favorite blankie.

I just wanted to let you all know.  Wow this never gets easier no matter
how many times i go through this, sometimes i get upset and wonder why I
rescue animals, then i look into their eyes and remember exactly why.

Chelle, Jeremy, Cyris (ferret), Cleo (ferret), Popeye (cat), Xavid (dog),
Madison (kitten), Aiko Water dragon), and Shu-Fang (water dragon)

we love you and will miss you always Tubbles