From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1992 13:07:26 -0400
Chis, anonymous please.

A new ferret has come into our life (and a new human baby
as well!)

Rikki is a neutered male, the biggest ferret I've ever seen. I
think he's about twice the size of Mitts, our other ferret.
We'd been wanting to get Mitts another playmate after Rupert
died in late February.

Mitts is scared to death of him, though. She doesn't want him
to come anywhere near him (of course, he WANTS to go right up
to her to check her out.) When he gets close, she lets loosee
with hisses and shrieks and runs off.  There've been too many
chases around the house to count as she tries to find a good
place to hide to fend him off.  So far she hasn't found one.

We've put them in separate cages for now to give her a respite,
although the cages are right next to one another so they can
at least get used to looking at each other. I know at some
point we'll have to put them both in one cage and let them
have at it until they work it out and Mitts figures out he's no
threat at all.

Well, all this is a little stressful coming at the same time
as our new son (his nickname is Kit, how appropriate!).  Kit came
into the world 5 weeks earlier than expected, but he's doing great.
And we hadn't planned for the new ferret in our life so soon as
well, but one became available and we hated the thought of having
to turn down a good home for Rikki. All things will work out,
I'm sure.

I hope all the California readers have had a chance to kick in
to the California Domestic Ferret Association's legal fight. The]
address to send your $$$$ is Box 1868, Healdsburg, CA 95448.

-- Mitts' (and Rikki's and Kit's) Dad