From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:43:24 -0400
The following post is in response to a recent question about the support
(or lack of) ferret shelters from Marshall Farms.  It is just my small
experience that I wanted to share.

Awhile back I did product donation solicitations for a local shelter.
I would call up ferret companies and request any ferret items they
could send to help the shelter fundraise or that the shelter could use
themselves.  Over the years I got varying responses from companies, from
extremely generous to unable to help, but the most disappointing was
always Marshalls.  Despite the large percent of Marshall ferrets in
shelters and despite the large selection of Marshall products, they
always sent a small token package with about five individual items in
it.  Other comapnies sent cases of items.  I could never understand the
lack of support.  It would be a write off, it would get their product
in the hands of ferrets owners, and it would be supporting ferrets from
their own company - ferrets they have already earned a profit from.

Very discouraging.
Risa