From:
Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:34:08 -0400
It has been said that if a leaf falls in the dead of night and floats to
the ground, several things become aware of it.

First the Owl will see it fall.

The deer will hear it as it floats so quietly thru the air.

The Bear will smell it falling.

The question arises why don't they just ask any ferret 3 days or more
before it falls?  Sheesh!

Case in point, Byte-me.  She was sleeping at the far end of my long ranch
style home, up under the bed covers and totally konked out asleep.

At the opposite end of the house and in a room off the back I have
sliding doors.  I quietly opened those sliding doors, the ball bearing
wheels making nary a noise.  I went to split some wood right by the door
so I left it open.  I got a chunk of wood, placed it on the splitting
block, and just before I swung I looked back at that open slider.

Well, as expected there were two fuzzy beady eyes peeking out at me.
Byte-me was there testing the air where she is now blind but she sensed
the door was open and here she came.  Amazing!

So out of a totally sound sleep 75 feet away between 4 rooms and a long
hallway she knew.  Must have an anomaly seeker in her head no doubt.

Gordon and Byte-me