From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 01:30:03 -0500
I am posting anonymously because I know otherwise I will get flamed.
I am thinking of using cedar shaving for my babies. I have fruit
flies/gnats/something in my house, and they love the ferret's poopies.
Doesn't matter how often I clean the cage, the flies won't stay away.
I had cedar shavings in the house for other purposes, and when I set
these near the cat box (which the files also love), the flies seemed
to stay away. I know that these flies are driving my babies almost as
crazy as they're making me.

I would love personal experiences, good or bad, with cedar chips
(especially considering that I'm thinking of this as a temporary
solution, not a permanent one). Also, links to any studies showing
that cedar causes problems for ferrets specifically. I have created
a temporary email address for this: [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

[Moderator's note: Just a reminder -- anonymous posts are accepted
on a case-by-case basis and have generally higher "standards" than
regular posts. This one probably qualifies. Though I don't agree it
invites flames, we're glad you are seeking more information. BIG]