From:
Rachel Helgason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:39:04 EST
Well, I finally got around to making a carry pouch for our ferret.  What I
did was take a big old sweatshirt (one of the Boston College ones that had
a few stains on it), sewed up the bottom, and cut off the sleeves and neck
opening.  After hemming all the edges so it looks nice, I also sewed one
of the sleeves in the bottom so there's a little tunnel for him to crawl
through.  It turned out great!  It's about two feet wide, so there's plenty
of room for him, or for a bunch of other ferrets.  Since it's sweatshirt
material, it's nice and warm.

The reason I made this was because he tends to follow me around while I'm
cleaning and lies down on my feet, like he wants to be picked up.  He's not
too good at sitting on my shoulder, so this way he can ride in the pouch
and see what I'm doing (or sleep, whatever).  It's also good to bring along
when I bring him outside to play in the snow..  I can drop him in there to
warm up while we walk back in.  It's also a good sleepy pouch to wear while
typing at the computer..  I know our ferret tends to fall out of our lap
while we're sitting at the desk.

If anyone wants to buy one of these from me (don't know the cost..  I'd
hafta see how much the fabric will cost), feel free to email me at
[log in to unmask], or I can give you more specific instructions on how to make
one yourself.

- Rachel, Doug, and Accolon