From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:27:42 EDT
I've been reading the digest for a couple of weeks now looking for info on
this, but nothing has come up.  I'm hoping someone can help me with these
questions:

1) I'm adopting a year and a half old female.  The family that has her at
the moment doesn't have time for her anymore, so I will be picking her up
at the end of the week.  I've been told by the current owners that she has
not been spayed or bred but she is a year and a half.  Is this possible?  I
thought girl fuzzies died if they weren't fixed by the first heat.  Could
she be sterile or a hermaphradite or is there some other explanation for
this?  Would a vet be able to tell if she has been fixed (without the
owners knowing)?

2) I've read (Morton) that it is ok to keep fuzzies outside all year, as
long as they kept outside starting with the summer.  Does anyone have any
advise about this?  I would like to keep my fuzzies on our back porch, it
is totally secure and has shade, and they would be able to run around in
a much bigger area when I'm away than if they are kept inside (they will
have to be caged when I'm not around then).

Thanks,
NZ