From:
eggyannie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:22:35 +0100
Some of you may remember me from a while back "eggy annie" well after
much thought and deliberation and finding that the local vets and RSPCA
kept delivering found ferrets to the homes of my friend and i , we decide
to start up the Droitwich Ferret welfare.  There was nothing in the area
for over a thirty mile radius to help with advise for new ferret owners,,
We are now official and open to help those who need it,, we will give
talks on the ferrets, and regularly do PR work at shows in the area,

the other week we had 11 ferrets handed to us, they had ben kept in tiny
3 x2 foot cages all their lives some solo and others as two's and
three's.  One lovely albino had a growth on his paw and another on his
back, the woman owner claimed she loved them all... but nothing had been
done for this little man .  None of them had been nutered or spayed and
all were cage mad, fortunaty we managed to re home all but four of them
and Broadway ferret rescue took them in for us, one of those had to be
put gently to sleep as it developed a bone tumour that was rapid,, Our
funds payed for the vetenary care for the others and the growths were
removed ok,,

We rely on donations for funding and every penny is accounted for, In
fact we have our own bank account for droitwich ferret welfare, Hoew do
we raise money??  well we make things sauch as hammocks , sleep sacks,
and carry bags, even clocks with the picture of your own ferret on the
face can be made to order.  If there is anyone who would like a sleep
sack of our own design then let me know,, they are made for the British
furkid keepers, where they live outside,, the sleep sacks are well made
and sturdy, fully washable and are all season sacks,, the one end can be
opened to allowe warm packing to be inserted for the cold nights, they
will easily sleep five, in fact eight of ours pile in one with ease, the
asking price is #UK6-00 each, this to include postage and package in the
UK.  Plus we have a small range of ferret xmas cards.  for more
information please e mail me

Bless you and Blessed Be.. Annie