From:
Katherine Kuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 1996 23:46:44 -0400
Oh, there is nothing so funny as the sight of a 1.5 pound female ferret
terrorizing an 85 pound golden retriever.  Cody the ferret stalks Gigi the
dog, slowly sidles up to where she is peacefully sleeping, and coyly begins
sniffing her toes.  Gigi awakes in alarm, and stares down her nose at the
interloper.  Cody delicately selects one toe at a time for a lick, and Gigi
leaps to her feet, totally unglued.  Cody dooks at Gigi, and Gigi trips over
herself backing off in terror.  Cody gallops off in glee, and Gigi looks
around every which way with that worried look on her face.  Poor baby, and
she's such a good dog!

I wish to report the NUMBER ONE ferret toy in our house.  Hands down, it's
the hacky-sack.  Sometimes called kick-balls, they are small, crocheted or
leather 2-inch balls stuffed with some kind of beads.  All my ferrets LOVE
them, and stop everything if they encounter one.  They MUST quickly carry it
away.  At a dollar or two apiece, it was getting expensive, til I found a
catalog called Oriental Express (1-800-28-0475.) oops, am I allowed to put
that in?  Anyway, they have them for as little as $5 a DOZEN, and I still
can't keep them in sight.  Another thing my ferrets love are little soft
plastic roundish things called "vinyl animal egg squirts." At $3.60 per
dozen, they were a steal.

Cody certainly likes to steal them.

But her other favorite toy is still the cat -- the REAL cat.

Finally, could someone please tell me how to download the Ferret Names list
that was on the net?  I kept getting a message about forms or something, and
since I'm on AOL I'm sure I have the right equipment to get it.  Was there
another way to download it?  Sorry if this is a dumb question.  I just
really want to know what the other names are besides "Bandit." Was "Slinky"
one of them?  <G>

Regards,

Kat