From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 02:45:09 -0500
A very brief note to thank everyone who have been sending notes concerning
Gus. I have so many that I don't have time to answer each one personally,
so here's a single public thank-you for all. So far, I've recieved more
than 100 e-mails. Thank you. For those who have never lost a ferret, or
who have but never posted the news, let me say that the outpouring of love
and sympathy really helps.

Ferret owners are a strange bunch.  Love have selected little beasties who
poop everywhere, chew stuff, bite hard, and never seem to settle in one
place for more than a millisecond.  I've never had a better pet!

News on the homefront isn't every encouraging. Ballistic and Buddy are
quite ill; Ballistic looks like a pipe cleaner with teeth. My alarm is set
for an hourly nap so I can keep a continuous watch on them throughout the
night. I refuse to lose another! The bad news is the vet bills are maxing
out my plastic, but the good news is the vet thinks my thick, long and
wavy hair is cool.

Simon is getting better, actually played today.  Stella is pretty stressed
over events, and has lost some hair from her tail, as well as a few grams,
but hasn't become worse.  Buddy, at 7 years, is my main worry at present,
but at least he is still walking around.  Balistic is currently sleeping
over my heart in a chest bag.  They look so bad, it makes me feel kind of
crappy.  (Oooo, a pun.  He can still make puns)X

Needless to say, things are tough; I can't for the life of me see how Troy
Lynn made in through without a single loss of life. What a remarkable
woman! Did you even sleep?

Thanks again for all the notes of support.

Mo' Bob and the 18 Fuzzbuckets