From:
Tania Jordens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:01:37 +0200
A few weeks ago I posted a mail about our oldest boy Gizmo, asking you FML
readers about the symptoms he was showing and if they were related to kidney
problems.  Thanks to the information we got, we insisted that our vet would
do a fasting blood sugar test and it came out positive.  The amount of
glucose in his blood after 4 hours of fasting was very low.  At least now
we know what we are facing.  His kidney problem is better thanks to the
Hills diet food.  For the moment he is doing quite well.  The brewers yeast
(recommended in the insulinoma faq) seems to help.  If anyone has
suggestions or experience according this desease, please let me know.
Insulinoma in ferrets is not known in Belgium.  Thanks to the internet and
the efforts of the American ferret lovers, we are getting a lot wiser and
what's most important, we are able to help our little Gizmo, which we love
very much.I will keep you informed.

Tania, Stef and our 3 fuzzies Gizmo, Odo and Neelix