Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 09:29:49 -0500
Hi all, dis is SaraFerret. Today is a beautiful day at de Rainbow
Bridge unlike yesterday which was rather snowy. Snow you might ask?
Yes, ooccasionally it snows here, thats so de ferrets can experience
snow surfing and nosing thru a bit of de white stuff. It wasnt cold and
it melts real quick. None of it stayed. For dose of who didnt care for
it well dey just went to play in de warm side and went to play in de
water or mudslide, etc. or just plain stayed home and played cards.

But back to de entrance, I have a note dat someone is about to arrive.
And here he comes. Wowsie, a rather large white ferret is coming across
and he is having a time of it. Poor soul, I am gonna have to help him
and off I go-he is wandering back and forth--I meet him half way and
introduce myself to him, saying Hi I am SaraFerret, the bridge greeter.

He reaches out his paw and says, Thank you young lady for your help,
you see, I am deaf and blind. I was once pretty agile in spite of it
all, but dat lymphoma just drag me down.

Well, I says, let me help you on across, to de rest of de bridge, and
we can chat about it all. When we gets dere, he starts talking. And he
suddenly remembers himself.

Oops, he says apologetically, I forgots to introduce myself, I am Jerry
Springer, and I belongs to Mommy Debi and Daddy Keith. I had a great
life dere living wit de old guys and just playing wit dem but when I
gots sick it just wents bye-bye. Hey wait a minute. I can hear you and
I can see you. Whats going on?

I tells him, Isnt it just amazing? The Bridge is a place of miracles.
The blind can see and the deaf can hear.

Jerry just looks at me in disbelief and says, well why cant I just go
back home and show Mommy and Daddy just how good I look now.

Well, Jerry, I says, Dere's a problem with dat, once you get here, you
dont gos back except in your Mommy's dreams. Dere are a few exceptions
wit de bridge greeters and de misting ponds, but otherwise, no ways.
However in de long distant future you will see your mommys and daddys
when de will cross de bridge and you will see dem den.

Okay, Jerry says with a tear running down de corner of his eye, if you
says dat is is, den dat is it. Den Jerry looks at me and says, whats
wit dose wings on your back?

Oh, I says, you like dose? He says. well dey are different. I looks at
him and says, Jerry, you are gonna get a set of wings and a halo, also.

WINGS? WINGS? He asks. Yep, WINGS!, I replies. Whatever for, he says.

Well, Jerry, you dont expects to walk around de bridge do you--it is
rather hard to zip around from cloud to cloud by walking--most of us
get around by flying.

Jerry looks at me again, Oh, I get your drift, he says, now I
understand de wings idea, its not just some sissy girl ting.

No, I says, its not just some sissy girl ting, its kinda important. So
since we have gotten de wing ting together now we decide to go off to
de wing place to choose de set of wings most fitted for Jerry.

Okay when we get dere, dere is a big box on de counter marked wit de
name Jerry Springer. Jerry walks towards it and opens it. What color
of wings are in it. Will he like dem. Hmmmm! Yes! He loves dem. He
lovingly picks dem out and holds dem up in his big paws. Dey are bright
green. His favorite color. He didnt even know he had a favorite color,
since he couldnt see, but in his mind's eye his favorite color was
gree, a neon green. Oh boy, dose are bright, dey will be able to see
Jerry at night. I offer to help Jerry get his wings adjusted and have
to get a stepstool since he is a large ferret. And I get his halo on.
And he spots de mirror and heads for it. For de first time, he is able
to see himself. He just stands dere. He looks and looks and turns and
looks again. He is not being vain. He is just being amazed. He is
actually seeing what a ferret actually looks like.

After all of dis, we leave de wing house, and who should meet us, but
some of his friends who have departed before him, White Russian's
Revenge, Chance, Lady Bug, Shade of Night, and Butterscotch. They all
shout "SURPRIZE!" Dey have arranged for a welcome home party and
wardance tonite. And of course he will live at dere cottage. I am
invited, but alas, bridge duties await and I cant go.

But wait, Jerry Springer, has one last word for his Mommy and Daddy,
He sends Hugs and Kisses to dem and thanks to dem for all de hugs and
kisses and love dey gave to him while he was with dem on earth and he
knows dey will be together one day long distant at de bridge

Dooks
SaraFerret