From:
Tim Lodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 19:24:27 -0400
Hello fellow fuzzy-people!!
This is my first post to the list, so I'll start out with a quick intro.
The wife and I bought our first fuzzy about 3 months ago..  She's a female
sable from Marshall Farms...She is not full frown at 2.24 pounds and has
been properly vaccinated.  BTW, her name is Chocolate.  Anyways, yesterday
the 2nd Fuzzy came into our lives.  I bought another Marshall Farms
ferret...female..8 weeks old..  silver mitt named Vanilla (how
appropriately!)...

So my questions...
Vanilla is about half the size of Chocolate IF THAT!  The pet store
recommended we keep them in separate cages until Vanilla gets big enough
where Chocolate will not push her around too much.

We also have 2 cats which Chocolate LOVES to chase around the house..  They
rough-house all the time when we have her out..Its tons of fun... Chocolate
lives in a very nice 3 level wire cage with all amenities... i purchased a
low cost ($53) single level plastic-type ferret cage to temporarily house
Vanilla in.... Is this the right thing to do?  We are considering returning
the $53 cage and purchasing another 2 or 3 level cage..and then when the two
fuzzies can move in together we will somehow cut holes in the cages and join
them together using one of those fun tubes or something.  Does anyone have
any experience with things like this?

I'd love to hear from other people out there on these questions.

Thanks!
Tim