From:
Lorraine Lordi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:45:39 -0500
I wish that there will be no more ferret shelters due to lack of
surrendered ferrets, or lost and starving, naked ferrets found
wandering along a road all alone and frightened. I hope that every
ferret is born without an 80% chance of having major surgery in it's
lifetime, without having a good chance of suffering from adrenal
disease or insulinoma. I want American bred ferrets to have an average
lifespan of 10 or more years and to naturally weigh at least twice
what they do now.

I want Petco to stop selling ferrets. Too many people buy them and
throw them away, or don't feed them properly ( supermarket "ferret"
food with REAL FRUIT ! ) or don't ferret-proof their homes or worse
yet- keep them in a cage all the time. If Petco has to sell them,
make them cost $400 each.

I wish there were no ferret "puppy mills" breeding ferrets from genetic
lines left over from when ferrets were bred for their fur.

And no more ferrets used in medical equipment labs to test intubation
equipment for human premature infants. And then destroyed after three
years of this. ( my Dweasel's whole life before I adopted him - he was
born in a lab )

These are my year end wishes, please God make them come true.

Lorraine - Mom to Nicholas & Dweasel